Use a Smart Thermostat & Save Money All Winter
Five reasons this gadget belongs in your home
Technology waits for no one. Every day seems to bring a new advancement. Just a decade or two ago, no one had ever heard of “the cloud” or a virtual assistant. Now we take them for granted. From our fridge to our car to the phone in our pocket, so much of our daily lives involve technology.
Programmable thermostats are getting more advanced too. If you aren’t already benefiting from using one in your Tri County-area home, here are five reasons to invest in one.
- You’ll save money: Perhaps one of the most compelling reasons to add a programmable thermostat to your home is how much money it could save you. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you could save up to 10% on your annual heating and cooling bills by following their guidelines for adjusting your thermostat’s settings.
- You’ll enjoy a consistent temperature in your home: With a programmable thermostat in use, your home will stay at whatever your desired temperature is for consistent comfort.
- You’ll benefit from advanced features: You can set your thermostat to adjust your home’s temperature according to your family’s sleep, work, and school schedules. Need to make a change while you’re away? You can control it remotely. Modern units include features like Wi-Fi, mobile device syncing, and Bluetooth. They’re also compatible with your virtual assistant devices (e.g., Alexa and Google Nest). Some even adapt to the weather forecast.
- You’re in complete control: You can keep different areas of your home at different temperatures and on different schedules…putting your family’s comfort firmly within your control.
- Your HVAC system will run better: If you link a programmable thermostat to your HVAC system, it will operate more efficiently. When your HVAC system runs more efficiently, you save money and reduce your carbon footprint. That’s something you can really feel good about! And if you have an aging system, adding a programmable thermostat may prolong its life.
Lansing Ice & Fuel is a fifth-generation family-owned business that has been operating for over 110 years in mid-Michigan. We offer our customers fair prices and a quality product. Our employees live locally and are committed to safety and great service.
Contact Lansing Ice & Fuel today to learn more. Give us a chance, and we’ll make you a customer for life!