Propane Can Power Your Fleet
An Intro to Autogas
It’s impossible to avoid the news about record-breaking fuel prices. All across the country, the cost to put gas in the tank of your vehicle is higher now than it’s ever been. What if you have a fleet of vehicles to keep on the road? You can save money and make the greener choice with propane autogas.
Propane autogas is a cleaner and greener way to keep your fleet of vehicles on the road. Switching to propane Autogas can also save your business money.
6 Benefits of Propane Autogas
Not sure if propane autogas is the right choice for your business? Here six advantages to choosing propane autogas for your company’s vehicles:
- It costs less than gasoline. Propane autogas tends to cost between 20% and 50% less per gallon than gasoline. That’s a savings you’ll enjoy for the lifetime of your fleet. Even after you account for the cost to convert your vehicles, it only takes a few years to make you money back and come out ahead. You may also qualify for government incentives that will make it an even better financial decision to switch.
- Your vehicles will run better. Propane burns cleaner than gasoline, so using propane autogas will reduce your maintenance costs and extend the longevity of each vehicle. Not only will you save money because you won’t have to replace or repair your vehicles as often, but your vehicles won’t need to spend as much time in the shop, so they can spend more time out on the road making money for you.
- It’s reliable. For years, propane autogas has been a well-kept secret by those in the know. It’s been fueling vehicles for decades. And it’s the third most common vehicle fuel in the world.
- It’s safe. Thanks to strict regulations and safety standards, propane has a great safety track record. Propane tanks are 20 times less likely than gasoline tanks to be punctured. And propane autogas vehicles are tested extensively to ensure they’ll perform safely in both normal driving and crash situations.
- It’s greener than gasoline. Using propane autogas for your vehicles instead of gasoline or diesel fuel will reduce your business’s carbon footprint. Burning propane autogas produces 60% less carbon monoxide, 20% less nitrogen oxides, and up to 24% less greenhouse gas. Propane also generates 99% fewer particulate emissions.
- It’s made in America. Another reason you can feel good about using propane is that it’s made right here in the USA. In fact, more than 90% of the US supply of propane autogas is produced domestically. That means your fuel supply isn’t vulnerable to international factors the way gas is.
We’re Here for Your Fuel Needs
Lansing Ice & Fuel knows how to keep your Tri-County business running. We offer a variety of commercial products and services. We are a fifth-generation family-owned business that has been operating for over 110 years in mid-Michigan. We strive to give our customers quality service, fair pricing, and outstanding safety. So whatever business you’re in, you can depend on Lansing Ice & Fuel to deliver for you.
Want to learn more? Contact Lansing Ice & Fuel today. We’ll give you details about federal and state autogas incentives, tax credits, and other ways you can save by making the switch for your Michigan-based fleet.