Transform Your Fleet With Propane Autogas
For years, propane autogas has been one of the best-kept secrets in vehicle fuel in North America. But smart fleet managers are beginning to discover the transformative potential of propane autogas for their vehicles and businesses, saving money and helping the environment along the way.
Why consider making the switch to propane autogas for your fleet? Consider these eight benefits.
- It’s less expensive than gasoline – Propane autogas has historically cost less – 20 to 50 percent less – than gasoline per gallon. Even when factoring in the cost to convert your vehicles, you’ll still come out ahead in just a few years – especially when you factor in government incentives.
- It’s an upgrade from electric – Not only to propane vehicles cost less upfront than their electric counterparts ($100K vs. $300K for a propane school bus compared to an electric model, for example), but with renewable propane coming soon, they’ll even outperform electric vehicles in terms of their carbon footprint.
- Your vehicles will spend less time in the shop – Because propane burns cleaner than gasoline, your fleet will run longer and cost less to maintain.
- It’s available now – Propane is already produced in natural gas and oil refineries, so no new technology or capital investment is needed for the industry.
- It’s reliable – Propane autogas has been fueling vehicles for decades – in fact, it’s the third most common vehicle fuel in the world. More than 23 million autogas vehicles are on the road right now.
- It’s safe – Propane tanks are 20 times as puncture-resistant as gasoline tanks, and unlike CNG tanks do not require ongoing testing. Propane autogas vehicles are tested extensively to perform safely in both normal driving and crash situations, with specially designed pressure relief devices installed in every tank to allow the safe release of pressure should it rise above preset levels.
- It’s better for the environment than gasoline – Burning propane auto gas produces 60 percent less carbon monoxide, 20 percent less nitrogen oxides, up to 24 percent less greenhouse gas and 99% fewer particulate emissions. Compared to gasoline or diesel, choosing propane autogas reduces your carbon footprint.
- It’s made in the U.S.A. – More than 90 percent of the US supply of propane autogas is produced domestically – so every gallon you buy reduces our country’s dependence on foreign oil.
If you’re not currently an autogas user but want to learn if it’s right for you, contact Lansing Ice & Fuel today – we’ll give you details about federal and state autogas incentives, tax credits, and other ways you can save when your Michigan-based fleet makes the switch. Give us a call today!