COVID-19 Service Update
COVID-19 is disrupting our lives in many ways. We have been closely following the guidance given by the CDC and by state and federal authorities. Our highest priority is the health and safety of our customers and our employees.
What we are doing for your benefit
- We have told our employees not to come to work if they feel sick or if anyone in their household has a fever.
- We’ve instructed all drivers to take extra precautions when coming into contact with customers in their homes or businesses. They have also been told to keep a safe distance from customers. We want to err on the side of caution, even if it feels awkward at times (like no handshakes).
- We are prepared to work remotely and handle our normal business operations from home in the event that we close our offices.
What you can do for our employees
- Keep a safe distance away (six to eight feet) after letting one of our people into your home. We know this will feel awkward, but it is the recommended strategy for mitigating the spread of the virus. You can also arrange to leave a key in the event that you do not want to be at home. If you have a separate entrance to your basement, we can use that.
- Our Delivery Drivers have been instructed to not go into your home. We know that you may need your furnace restarted if you have run out of heating fuel, but it is the recommended strategy for mitigating the spread of the virus. If at all possible DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO RUN OUT OF FUEL.
- If you normally come by the office to pay your bill in person, we ask that you refrain. Although you can leave your payment in our dropbox outside our office. We can also make it easy by setting up an automatic credit card payment.
Make sure we have your cell phone number and email address so that we have multiple ways to contact you in case we urgently need to reach you. This is a fluid situation, and we are in uncharted waters. We will update this page if the situation warrants it.
We look forward to the time when all this will be unnecessary. Until then, be safe.
Your Team at Lansing Ice and Fuel