Latest information about our service during the Coronavirus outbreak. - Click here

8 uses for propane in and around your Michigan home

gas fire pitFor many people, propane is that “fuel in a can” connected to your RV or barbecue. But propane is much more than that.

Here are just some of the things that propane can do inside and outside your Lansing, MI home:

  • It will keep you warm for less – Propane gas burns hot and clean, so a propane furnace or propane space heater will heat your home faster and perform better in low temperatures than an electric heat pump – all while shrinking the carbon footprint of your Michigan home.
  • It will cut shrink your water heating bill– According to the U.S. Department of Energy, heating water accounts for nearly 20 percent of your monthly energy bill , so anything that helps you shrink that total will help your bottom line. Switching from an electric to a propane water heater will save you 20 percent or more on your energy bill – as much as 40 percent if you switch to a tankless propane water heater.
  • It can heat your pool – Summer temps in Michigan can rise well into the 80s during the daytime, but they can drop into the 50s at night. To keep your pool comfortable on cool mornings and evenings, a pool heater sure comes in handy – and nothing heats a pool like propane.
  • It can cozy up your living room – Installing a propane fireplace or a propane cast iron stove will make your living room your family’s favorite place to gather. If you already have a masonry fireplace, a propane fireplace insert or log set will increase your heating efficiency by more than 400 percent; you’ll also get to skip the wood gathering and ash cleanup.
  • It can up the ante on your outdoor entertainment – Add a propane fire pit, propane-powered lighting, a propane space heater, or even a built-in propane grill to really take your outdoor entertaining up a notch.
  • It will help you cook like a pro – A propane cooking range (indoor or outdoor) gives you precision control over cooking heat – a big reason why more than 9 out of 10 professional chefs choose to cook with gas.
  • It will save you money and your wardrobe – Propane dryers can save you 20 percent of yearly energy costs compared to an electric-powered dryer. They produce less static, too, so your clothes will last longer.
  • It can protect your home and property –  A propane backup generator can protect your family, your property, and your valuables during a power outage.

Propane appliances – the more you have, the more you’ll save. Just make sure you get your propane deliveries from Lansing Ice & Fuel – the most reliable propane supplier in our greater Lansing Service Area! Contact us today to become a Lansing Ice & Fuel customer.